Search This Blog

Friday 9 November 2018

We all have bad days

I got out of my pjs today. It was a good day!

There had been a couple of days I could barely make it out of my pjs. Tiredness and fatigue washed over me. I had so much to do and little desire to do it, let alone take time to take care of myself. Getting dressed became low priority.

My mood was low and I struggled to stay on top of things.

Luckily the family helped out. The children and my partner jumped right in, doing the bits and pieces I wasn't getting done.

It is normal for everyone to have washed out days; days where we are fatigued or unwell or overwhelmed and overloaded.* Share it with the family and ask them to help out.

*If this is happening to you too often seek advice on how to handle the situation better or find out why you're feeling low.

The main thing is we didn't turn it into a problem. People weren't annoyed mum wasn't her usual resourceful and industrious self. They know they have those days too and we all rally around them to help them in those moments.

Is that how it works at your house? If not, why not?

We just got stuff done and when I felt better I had a day where I got out of my pjs and felt proud of myself for getting at least that much done that day.

Do you struggle to get your family to help out around the house? Need pointers, suggestions, ideas? Leave and comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment