Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Do NOT pick up after your children

I can't stress this enough!!!!!!  So I'll put some exclamation marks there to emphasis the point and make it bold.

DON'T EVER PICK UP AFTER YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!

It is NOT - not not not  (yes there's an echo) - your job!

It IS your child's job to pick up after themselves.  Children as young as two can pick up after themselves so get on it as soon as possible!

When my children were toddlers I would go into their room, usually in the evenings if I had the time and every Saturday at least, and show them how to tidy their room.

Blocks in block box, teddies on bed, cars in car box, books on the shelves, pencils in cases. Everything has a spot. It's not about being perfect either, things get mixed up and that's ok. It's just about using this young learning age to teach children that tidying up is their responsibility. They get the things out they put them away. Simple!


As times goes by this becomes their habit because you've been consistent and kept up teaching them; at the very least once a month. Soon you get to a point where you all work on a Saturday helping to tidy up the house.

If this is not how your house runs and you wish it was start following my examples. I've got lots of advice on how to get your children to help you run your ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment