Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Develop individual bedtime routines

When I tuck my children in they each have their own individual good night routines. Something special and unique we've made up together that leaves them feeling loved and treasured.

For me it's always been important to have that special time before sleep to show my children I love them and care about them. Especially since some days our time together is scarce AND they grow up so quick.

At bedtime we get to have some quiet quality time together even if it's just a few minutes of what was the favourite part of your day.

My first child is "I love you more than..." and we'd have to each come up with an ending i.e. more than all the stars in the sky, more than all the freckles on my body etc.

My second child is a series of kisses like one of those really cool hand shakes people do only it's different kisses, butterfly, Eskimo etc.

With the third child it's big squeezey hugs and raspberry kisses.

Even my partner has joined the fun and invented unique bedtime hugs and kisses routines for them and they love it!

It's a nice little way to make them feel important and valued and a lovely way to end the day with them.

What do you do for your children's bedtime routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment